ARE offers a variety of housing assistance services to the counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Page, Shenandoah and the City of Winchester.
Homelessness and lack of affordable housing is evident within our community today. As a result of the housing needs in the community, ARE has expanded its services to reach the general community by offering housing programs such as:
- Rapid Rehousing
- Homeless Prevention
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDS).
The first step to accessing housing services is to call Centralized Housing Intake at 540-271-1701.
Please have documentation of your housing crises (five day pay or quit, eviction notices, verification of homelessness, etc.) if possible, or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE Housing programs can offer the following services for those who qualify:
- Security Deposit
- Rental Assistance
- Utility Deposits
- Utility Assistance
- Housing Case Management-service planning, goal setting, health assessment
- Financial Literacy (budgeting) Counseling Services
- Collaboration with Local Healthcare Systems- to facilitate discharge planning for homeless individuals exiting the hospital
- Linkages to Support Services-such as food pantries, C-CAP, job training, etc.