Volunteers are an important part of service provision. They fill in the gaps and lighten the load, especially at this time of increasing demand for services along with a reduction in government funding many non profits agencies are encountering. We appreciate and value the time, and compassion that volunteers bring to us. Following are some of the volunteer opportunities that are available with AIDS Response Effort.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Main responsibilities include further development of volunteer program through volunteer recruitment, orientation, oversight and monitoring.
- Office Assistant: Help with data entry, filing and other duties as needed.
- Event Volunteer: Assist with organizing, publicizing or being available to help on the day of the event. Some of the typical events are HIV Awareness Walk, National HIV Testing Days, World AIDS Day events, and various fundraising events such as the annual Mardi Gras Ball.
- Outreach Assistant: Assist with awareness events such as health fairs and different venues in the community that may involve providing literature and information about HIV and AIDS and being familiar with all of the programs AIDS Response Effort offers.
- Food Pantry Assistant: Once or twice a month, travel to pick up, sort, and stock food from our Food Bank sources.
THANK YOU for considering being a volunteer with AIDS Response Effort!